HornWare.com Forum Index HornWare.com
HornWare.com Help Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trying to connect XP machine to OS X 10.3 machine

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    HornWare.com Forum Index -> SharePoints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steve_uk

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:12 am    Post subject: Trying to connect XP machine to OS X 10.3 machine Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm trying to map a network drive from a Windows XP machine to a Mac, OS 10.3 running Sharepoint. I've set it up how I think it should be setup but when I try and connect via the PC it keeps asking for a username and password and it will not accept the correct username/password combination. If I try and connect from another Mac using AFP it works ok, so it just seems to be a problem with SMB.

I've tried altering the method in SMB properties from user to share but with no success and I've also tried to create new accounts within SharePoint and trying to connect with that account but it still does not work.

Where should I be looking to fix this problem?

Thanks
mhorn
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the Sharing preference pane, when you click on Windows Sharing, a button shows up at the bottom of the window. Click this Accounts button to enable accounts for Windows sharing. I'm guessing this is your problem.
steve_uk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. I'm using OS X 10.3 and I don't have that button. I believe the accounts button was introduced in 10.4.
mhorn
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, sorry. There is a similar procedure you need to do in 10.3. I don't remember exactly where it is though. Maybe in the Accounts preference pane.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    HornWare.com Forum Index -> SharePoints All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: