HornWare.com Forum Index HornWare.com
HornWare.com Help Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can SharePoints set a sharepoint to have its own Quota ?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    HornWare.com Forum Index -> SharePoints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lkalis

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:36 am    Post subject: Can SharePoints set a sharepoint to have its own Quota ? Reply with quote

I am looking for a way to set a quota on the sharepoint itself. I work for a K-12 school district, and our students have a 200MB quota. Our Yearbook needed a Yearbook share, and the capability to have students each save 1GB of pictures and templates to it. I have 20 students in Yearbook.

So far, I just gave each student roughly 1200MB to save. I'm hoping they will only save up to 200MB in their home folders, and save the other 1GB for the Yearbook share. I know that won't happen, so I'm looking for a way to control that.

Does anyone know if SharePoints can do that? If not, any other suggestions on how to set that through Edquota or some other tool? I really don't want to set the quota by user or group, just the Sharepoint.

Thanks much!

lk
mhorn
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not dealt with Quotas at all. Does Mac OS X Server have this functionality? If so, then I might be able to figure out how to make Mac OS X Client perform that function as well.
lkalis

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am running OSX 4.9 Server. I used WGM (Work Group Manager) to show a list of the student accounts on Open Directory. When you click on a student account, and choose the "Home" tab, you can set a quota for that user. That is the only place a quota can be set. The quota allows that user to be able to save "x" amount to any shared volume. That great for a home folder, but not so good when you want them to only be limited to saving "x" amount to their home folder, and a larger amount to another sharepoint (such as our Yearbook sharepoint).

Thanks for kicking the idea around.

lk
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    HornWare.com Forum Index -> SharePoints All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: