HornWare.com Forum Index HornWare.com
HornWare.com Help Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trying to share external hard drive

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    HornWare.com Forum Index -> SharePoints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
robghosh

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:34 am    Post subject: Trying to share external hard drive Reply with quote

I have a firewire Lacie drive that I would like to share with two other computers. We're all on 10.3.9. They need to be able to read and write to it. I've downloaded and installed Sharepoints and seem to have set up the proper directory, but I can't figure out how my other users access it. Do they go to the "Go" menu and connect to a server (my computer) or do they go somewhere else. Do I need to set up a group or a single user, or can they acces it as long as it's been activated? Any feedback would be great.

Rob
mhorn
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, they they will need to go to the Connect to Server menu item. Then type in your IP address and away they go. As for the users/groups, that is really up to you. If it is fine for everyone to have access to all the same stuff, then a single user will work fine. If not, then you will need to setup additional users.
robghosh

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there!

Thanks for the reply... I've been able to connect using the go, but the hard-drive doesn't come up... what comes up is my hard drive, any CD that's in the drive or the SharePoints DMG file. How does the External Harddrive get recognized. I thought I selected the correct path using the browse feature. Do I need to restart?
mhorn
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm betting you are connecting as an admin user. By default admin users see everything that is on the computer. If you want the admin user to behave like a normal user, then go the AFS Properties tab and click the "Admin is Normal User" checkbox.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    HornWare.com Forum Index -> SharePoints All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: