Joined: 27 Nov 2007
|Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:34 am Post subject: Drive Name Issues
|I know that someone here can help me!!!!
Here's the issue, I've got 7 MyBook 500GB drives that hold my 600+ DVD collection. I never reformatted them to Mac format because I use several different computers to burn my movies (both PC's and Macs).
So here's the issue, I have two servers here and I am using my file server to be the main network server for my media. I've connected all drives to that server (Running OSX server). I was able to see the drives on that server, but none of the other computers on the network could (because I never reformatted the drives), so I got Sharepoints.
Now the drives appear on the network through SMB.
Sorry for the long story, but now to the problem. In DVDPedia (a movie playing and cataloging program), when I link to the actual movie, the filename is pretty bizarre (i.e. "file:///Volumes/WORKGROUP;FILE-SERVER/Gladiator/VIDEO_TS" instead of "file:///Volumes/MOVIES #2/Gladiator/VIDEO_TS").
Now...I don't have a problem with this since it is transparent to the end user, but I'm concerned that if I restart the server or the media mac that it will screw this all up. Am I worrying about nothing, or is there something I need to do so that I don't have to worry about this.
I want to make sure I get this right before I start relinking all 600+ movies!!!
Thanks for the help.