HornWare.com Forum Index HornWare.com
HornWare.com Help Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Share Not Accessible

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    HornWare.com Forum Index -> SharePoints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rmelo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:20 pm    Post subject: Share Not Accessible Reply with quote

I have a Windows XP Network with 1 G4 Mac running OS X 10.2

I installed shared point and created a share for a folder called printing located on the desktop of the mymac user, something like \home\mymac\desktop\printing\

now, I went back to my xp machine an tried to access that share via \\mymac\ and it shows the share which I called "printing", but when I click on it, I get the following error:

Code:
\\mymac\printing is not accessible.  You might not have permission to use this network resource.

Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

The network path was not found.

I think I followed all the instructions to a T but I am still unable to log in, can anyone help me.
mhorn
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can not share a directory that is contained within another shared directory. In this case, you home directory is shared so the directory in your Desktop folder is contained within a shared directory.
rmelo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I failed to mention that Im totally new to macs, so Im not sure what you mean by "the home directory is shared"

as far as I know, I've only shared the folder on the desktop.
mhorn
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By default when you turn on File Sharing in Mac OS X, your home directory is shared. If you create a folder at the root level of your hard drive and share that folder, then you should be good to go.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    HornWare.com Forum Index -> SharePoints All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: