HornWare.com Forum Index HornWare.com
HornWare.com Help Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trying to get Sharepoints 3.5.2 working on X.4.1

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    HornWare.com Forum Index -> SharePoints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Begonia

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 6:52 am    Post subject: Trying to get Sharepoints 3.5.2 working on X.4.1 Reply with quote

I have tried sharepoints on a few different Macs today with X.4.1.

On my 800Mhz iBook, I get the
Crash Log error - "Link (dyld) error:
incompatible cpu-subtype"
It won't runjavascript:emoticon(':?') Someone else has also mentioned this - does this mean older Macs are causing this problem?

Trying to set it up on new G5 iMac - it installs and runs fine but:
1. I can't hide the users by selecting a 400 UID (that is v handy - can't live without that)
2. Trying to share one folder only with AFP just won't work (I have done this many times with prev version). I set the folder to r/w for owner and Group (should I set Group to 400 or 500?) and nil for evryone. When I login from another Mac I just get the drop box every time).

Also error (as above) on LCD iMac - but I'd better check again.
mhorn
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please view this topic:

http://www.hornware.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?t=180
Begonia

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:57 pm    Post subject: Trying to get Sharepoints 3.5.2 working on X.4.1 Reply with quote

Thank you for the latest update - but I still can't get it to work.
I have set different users up both 400 and 500, have created both afp and smb shares. I have double checked that the group has r/w.

AFP logs in when i log in as file-share-only-user as if a guest, so all I see is a Drop Box.

SMB login works and I see my "share" is available - but the username and password is not recognised. I notice that in setting up Windows sharing in Tiger - you have to nominate a volume with username and password - is there another layer of authentication in there?

I have tried this on brand new G5 iMacs, 14", iBook with 10.4.1. Can anyone please reply with some hints if they have this working. Yes I have also tried v3.5.3.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    HornWare.com Forum Index -> SharePoints All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: